Friday 3 March 2017

Ankle Angst

I mentioned in my previous post, I have had some trouble with my left ankle (the right one isn’t great either) over the last few years. Basically one crazy night back in the day I rolled it badly and it’s never been the same since haha. I can tell you the exact date and time actually lol. It was about 11:50 on 18th of October 2011, running like mad men to get into Jesters for Sophie’s 20th birthday. I went down and have been going down out of the blue on the same ankle ever since. I can be drunk/sober wearing heels or sports trainers, it just collapses out of nowhere.


It is extremely frustrating and painful when it happens, but I know I need to wear a support and exercise the ankle muscles to strengthen them.  What’s the most frustrating is that I can be in a good health kick spurt, and it hinders most types of aerobic exercise. RICE is obviously my first port of call, however after it has rehabilitated back to normal, I tend to just use the elyptical machines- cycling and the cross trainer. I like rowing as well and doing a free work out with weights and ab excercises.

Keep plodding on!

PS today was a bad day. An angel cake AND a packet of hoola hoops! Lets just say the holiday starts now, I mean my out of office is on right?;)


No comments:

Post a Comment