Thursday 2 March 2017

9 Pounds Down! - Writing lists and being Organised

I am buzzing. I am making good process. I’ve been watching what I eat and going to the gym most weekdays and I’m feeling all the better for it! Don’t get me wrong most gym sessions include a 15 minute jog on the treadmill and some rowing, but hey ho I am definitely feeling the results. WOOOOO. Definitely motivated to keep going.

Weight: 89 kilos. (I know this doesn’t sound like much of a loss, but when I said 90 give or take it was definitely more give than take lol)
Size: 16, Got a new pair of skinny black trousers for work that definitely would not have fit just after Christmas
Mood: Motivated

I have had some barriers in the last few weeks. Namely a very weak ankle which I’ll go into more detail in a separate blog post! Also I am going on a short holiday with my boyfriend to Barcelona this weekend. Whilst I hope there will be a lot of walking * que fitbit champion of the week*, I also anticipate a lot of eating and drinking. I am not going to skimp out on my holiday! ;). Oh and pancake day. Had a couple of cheeky pancakes #nom. Though have also decided to give up cheese for lent. I am not particularly religious, just enjoy the idea of the challenge. Let’s see how long this one lasts haha.



The main reason I wanted to write this post for, was to remind myself the importance of writing lists, planning food, and being organised.

These are a couple of my food plans that I like to stick to my desk computer at work as a visual reminder, but I also love doing it and thinking about what I can eat for a week.




TOP 3 BREAKFAST/LUNCH TO TAKE TO WORK

Scrambled eggs
Eggs are so easy, cheap and quick. They fill you up for the whole morning, especially if you have it with some baked beans. I make mine in the microwave at work in the morning. Boom. Breakfast sorted no planning required.

Yoghurt Oats
This one requires a little bit of planning. Nothing major. I stick some porridge oats in a jar, some natural yoghurt and some frozen fruit. At the moment in the freezer i've got frozen mango, strawberries and banana. If I do it the night before the fruit has normally defrosted by morning. A little high in sugar but keeps me going til lunch time.

Frozen Soup
I like to make soup in big batches on the weekend, and then stick it in the freezer in portions for me to take to lunch in the week. I try to have a wholemeal roll/muffin handy to have with it, but also have been enjoying, Kallo paprika rice cakes (only 31 calories per cake). My go-to soups to make are minestrone (wouldn’t have this with the roll), leek and potato, and carrot and red lentil. I love experimenting with new flavours and bunging everything together that I have in the fridge/cupboards. I think the last batch made at least 4 portions so there is always a back up lunch in the freezer.

Salads
Not gonna lie, Salad isn’t my favourite thing to have for lunch. However you can make them more interesting with things such as tuna, prawns, boiled egg, olives, sundried tomato, pine nuts (expensive!) and chicken.


I will try to update with my progress in the next couple of weeks. I am going to try on the bridesmaid dress again tonight to work out how much it needs to be taken up, so we will see how it feels now i'm feeling a little more confident.


Toodle pip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment